Orjaleves is a delicious-tasting pork soup cooked in Hungary and made with pork ribs, carrots, celery, onion, soup noodles, etc. This soup is very nutritious because it contains a variety of vegetables and pork meat. To make delicious Orjaleves, stay with Cooking County.
Try other Hungarian soups:
- Meggyleves Recipe; A Hungarian Sour Cherry Soup
- Főzelék Recipe; Make Hungarian Thick Soup at Home
- Goulash Recipe; Make Beef Goulash in 8 Steps
- Jókai Bableves Recipe; Easy Steps of Making Hungarian Bean Soup
How to Make Orjaleves?
- 1.5 / 2 kg of meaty cheek bone (the meaty backbone of the pig from the neck to the rump: loin, ribs, or a mixture)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large turnips
- ¼ celery root
- ¼ kohlrabi
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 stalks of green celery
- Parsley as needed
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 100/ 150 grams soup noodles (noodles, strawberry leaves, snail noodles)
Wash the bones, as some blood may have remained on them when they were cut up. Put the meat and bones in a pot and pour water into the pot. At the same time, wash and rinse the vegetables.
Put the pot on high heat, and let the water reach the boiling point. After a few minutes, rinse the bones, pour water into the pot again, and put the bones back in the pot.
Put the pot back on medium heat and let the bones cook slowly for 1 hour. Add salt and pepper and cook for another 30 minutes. If necessary, replace the evaporated water.
During the cooking time, make sure to cook the soup on medium heat because the soup will have a good appearance. But if it boils, it gets messy.
Add the vegetables and cook until the meat and the vegetables are cooked well.
How to Serve Orjaleves?
Remove the meaty bones and vegetables into separate bowls. Strain the soup. Cook the soup pasta according to the description, mix the ingredients and enjoy it.
More about Orjaleves
- This recipe can be considered original, according to Hungarian tradition. (The classic and traditional dish does not contain spice mixtures or flavor enhancers except salt, green peppers, or tomatoes.)
- Orjaleves is one of the simplest and, according to many, the most delicious soups.
- The Transylvanian Orjaleves are also made differently. People cook this soup with different recipes depending on their taste.
- This soup is also budget-friendly, as ribs and chops are cheap ingredients.
- If you have some leaves at home (kale leaves left over from the cooking ingredient, you can also add them.