Kotlet is a famous Iranian dish usually prepared with minced mutton or beef. In addition, you can use chicken, fish, and vegetables such as eggplant for cooking this delicious dish. Persian meat patties are one of the foods that are served with bread. It can also be eaten as a sandwich or without rice at lunch or dinner. Stay with Cooking County with the Kotlet recipe.
How to Make Kotlets?
- 4 medium potatoes
- Minced meat 250 grams (optional)
- 1 onion
- 100 grams of coriander and parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 3 eggs
- Salt and black pepper as needed
- Turmeric and oil as needed
To make a delicious Kotlet, peel the potatoes, then grate them with a medium grater and pour them into a suitable bowl. If you want, you can boil the potatoes first, then grate them.
Of course, you should know that boiled potatoes absorb more oil, so if you grate the potatoes raw, you will have a healthier Kotlet.
Peel onion and grate it in a bowl containing potatoes. Now, press the grated potatoes and onions by hand to altogether remove their excess water. Then add minced meat to the potatoes and onions and put them in a large bowl.
Now chop the parsley and coriander, add the garlic powder, chickpea flour, egg, some salt, black pepper, and turmeric to the bowl and mix the ingredients well until well-mixed.
In this step, cover the bowl with cellophane, put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or an hour, and let the Kotlet rest. Now, take the bowl out of the fridge and set it aside near the stove.
Take a pan, add some oil and let it heat up. Then, with a wet hand, remove the size of tangerine from the Kotlet and shape it into a round shape. Next, flatten the Kotlet with your hand.
In this step, pour the mixture into the pan and let one side of the Kotlets fry. After you recognize a golden color around your Kotlet, it’s time to turn the Kotlets around to fry the other side.
Take them out of the oil. Now, place some paper tissues on a plate and put the Kotlets on them (You can also use an oils strainer). In this way, you can remove the excess oil from the fried Kotlets.
How to Serve Kotlets?
After removing the oil, place the kotlets on a plate and garnish them with tomato،, pickles, lettuce, and if you want; you can also add french fries. Finally, the design you dish with tomato sauce and serve it with bread.
Key Points for Making Delicious Persian Meat Patties
- You can also use boiled potatoes instead of raw potatoes. Cook and peel the potatoes. Let it cool to absorb the ingredients and consume less oil.
- If you feel that your Kotlet is not cohesive and does not have enough consistency, you can add a tablespoon of breadcrumbs or chickpea flour.
- Please make sure the heat is low, otherwise, it will burn the Kotlets, but the kernels will not be cooked.
- If you use high-fat meat in the preparation of Kotlets, the Kotlets will melt when they are fried and will lose their shape.
- Use lean meats as much as you can. You can also use some cumin powder to prepare Kotlets, which gives a pleasant aroma to your Kotlets.
- To make the Kotlet crispy, you can roll it in some bread crumbs when frying and then in oil.
- If you want, you can add some brewed saffron to the Kotlets to make the food taste good and fragrant at the end of cooking. Depending on your taste, you can grate one or two cloves of garlic in the Kotlet mixture and enjoy the taste of garlic.
- It’s also better to remove the excess juice from the grained potatoes. If you do not remove the potato juice, your food won’t taste delicious. This is the secret of having crispy Persian meat patties.
- If you want your Kotlet to be healthier after frying the Kotlets, put a napkin on a plate and place the Kotlets on it so that the napkin absorbs the oil.
- One of the most important secrets of making delicious Persian meat patties is to pour them into a covered bowl and put them in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours before frying.
Do not forget to make this recipe and share it with us. If you also have any related questions about the Kotlet recipe, please do not hesitate to ask.
Hello, my husband is Persian and I made this today, absolutely delicious, my only question would be how many calories per patty?
Hi dear Emina
I’m glad that you enjoyed my recipe. Each medium-sized Kotlet patty has 127 calories, 6 gr proteins, and 8 gr fat.