Shami Kebab is one of the most popular and delicious Iranian dishes. Shami Kabab is made with meat, potatoes, onions, eggs, salt, pepper, and turmeric and is usually served cold or hot with bread or rice (the ingredients are similar to Kotlet.) It can be served as a main course, appetizer, travel meal, or cold sandwich. This dish can be made entirely vegetarian by substituting mushrooms and soy instead of meat so that vegetarians can also enjoy this food. Making Shami kebab may take some time, but the final taste of this dish will make up for all the hassle. Stay with Cooking County with the Shami kabab recipe.
How to Make Shami Kabab?
- 300 grams minced meat
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 4 medium tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper as needed
- Turmeric and oil as needed
To prepare Shami kabab, first, take the skin of the potatoes, then grate it and take the extra water from the potatoes by hand pressure. Pour the grated potatoes into a large bowl.
Grate the onion in the same way and after taking the extra water, add it to the potatoes. At this stage, add the minced meat with some salt, black pepper, and turmeric to the mixture of potatoes and grated onions.
Now, mix the ingredients well and knead for a few minutes by hand until smooth. Then, add a little chickpea flour to make the yeast more cohesive and not watery.
After mixing the yeast ingredients, add an egg to it and knead it again for a few minutes if it is not cohesive enough. Now put cellophane on the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for an hour.
If you do not have enough time, you can fry it and skip the refrigerator after the ingredients are ready. However, if possible, put the dinner in the refrigerator for a few hours to have a tastier Shami kebab at the end of cooking.
After a few hours, when it has rested well, take it out of the refrigerator, put a suitable pan on the heat, pour some oil into the pan, and let it heat well.
After the oil is well heated, cut the ingredients into pieces by hand and put them in the oil until they are fried. When the Shami kebabs are fried and colored, turn them over so that the other side is also fried.
To prepare the kebab sauce, chop the tomatoes and fry them in a suitable pan with a little oil until they are oiled, then add some salt and black pepper. In preparing this sauce, we can also use mushrooms and bell peppers.
How to Serve Shami Kabab?
After frying both sides of Shami kababs:
- Please put them in a dish.
- Design it with tomato sauce, pickles, and cooked carrots.
- Finally, serve them with bread or rice.
Key Points for Making Shami Kabab
- Pay attention to the amount of meat you use. If the amount of meat in Shami kebab is more than other ingredients, it will be harder.
- To make the Shami kebab have a sour taste. You can add some pomegranate molasses to it.
- Adding ground bread or breadcrumbs and chickpea flour will prevent the kebab from hardening.
- You can slice and fry a few potatoes to have a more beautiful side dish when eating kebabs and eat them next to the kebabs.
- Depending on your taste, you can add a little garlic powder to your dish to have a better taste.
- Beef is better than mutton when preparing kebab dinner because beef is less fat and makes Shami kabab more delicious.
- Using a non-stick pan for frying kebab Shami is better to consume less oil.
- You can also use the recipe of Indian Shami kabab to create variety in the taste of Shammies. Split peas are also used in the preparation of Indian recipes. In this way, the meat and cobs are boiled. Then all the ingredients except the vegetables are mixed in a food processor. Then we chop the vegetables into slices and add them to the kabab sauce. The Indian kebabs are cut into the size of a ping pong ball and fried in hot oil.
- It is better to use frying oil for making Shami kebabs because it will not be absorbed into the shami kebabs and makes the dish crispier. Frying oil does not burn quickly at high temperatures and does not cause the kababs to turn black.
Do not forget to make this recipe and share it with us. If you also have any related questions about the Shami Kabab recipe, please do not hesitate to ask.