Kabab Barg is one of the old and traditional kababs, which is very popular among Iranians. This kabab is known as one of the most luxurious kababs. In the past, kabab barg was prepared only with first-class mutton, but today this delicious kabab is also prepared with white meats such as chicken. Barg kebab is also known as one of the most expensive Iranian kababs due to the use of mutton. Stay with Cooking County with the delicious kabab barg recipe.
How to Make Kabab Barg?
If you are a fan of restaurant’s kabab barg and you think you must go to the restaurant to have a tasty kabab, you are wrong. You can easily prepare this delicious dish at home and enjoy it. The secret of a restaurant’s kabab barg is choosing its meat, so pay special attention to this issue. The important point is that the meat should be soft. Beef or mutton can be used for cooking Barg kebab, but mutton is a better option.
- 500 grams mutton (lamb backstrap)
- 2 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons liquid oil
- 4 tablespoons brewed saffron
- 50 grams of butter
- Salt and black pepper as needed
To prepare Kabab barg, first, place the meat on the work surface, then tenderize it well with a meat pounder or the back of a knife until it is entirely flat and its thickness reaches half a centimeter in all parts of the meat.
If the meat is too thick, you can cut it into two parts from the width. After tenderizing meat well, we have to cut it. The best width for skewering kababs is 4 fingers, which you can consider a little less if you are making Barg kebab at home.
After the meat is cut and prepared, pour it into a suitable bowl, then add the liquid oil along with the chopped onion, saffron, and some salt and black pepper to the bowl containing the meat.
Now, mix the ingredients well so that the flavoring ingredients cover all parts of the meat, then put cellophane in the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours so that the meat tastes good.
Once the meat is well seasoned, transfer it to the work surface, then hold the meat firmly with your hand and press the skewer into the meat with a bit of pressure. In the same way, skewer the rest of the kababs.
After skewering all the kababs, the edges of the meat are out of the skewer, which is not a cause for concern because when it is slightly heated, it stands perfectly flat. Now, it is time to light up the charcoal and cook the kababs on the grill.
Now rotate the skewers continuously to cook all sides of kabab barg. While cooking kababs, melt the butter in a small bowl, add the brewed saffron, and mix with the butter. In the middle of cooking the kebab, rub the butter sauce on the kebabs with a brush. Rubbing butter on kebabs makes the kabab more delicious and prevents it from drying out. Next, cut the tomatoes in half and skewer. Then place it next to the kebabs so that it is lightly grilled.
How to Serve Barg kebab?
Once the kabab is ready, serve it with bread or rice. Grill tomatoes separately and serve on the side with rice or bread. You can also season the kababs with sumac.
Key Points for making Kabab Barg
- To prepare a delicious barg kebab, you need to put the seasoned meat in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours (It is better to put it in the refrigerator overnight) to have a soft kabab barg.
- Some people prefer to grate a kiwi in a meat bowl to soften the meat. Preparing kabab with kiwi is to grate kiwi into the bowl, mix the ingredients well and put them in the refrigerator.
- When skewering the kabab, we should place the pieces of meat on the meat board and hold it steady with our hands, then pass the skewer through the meat and skewer all the meats in the same way.
- Making this kabab with chicken is also common. To prepare the barg kebab with chicken, season the chicken, in the same way, beat with a meat grinder, and cut it with a knife and skewer.
- Be careful never to use salt to season red meat as it will harden it.
- When you add onion to the meat, it only changes the color of the meat and stays red inside the meat. So, do not worry about it.
- If you want to make sure that the meat of your choice is mutton, the meat should have a fatty texture.
- The size of the knife with which you hit the meat should be the size of the meat itself so that all parts of the meat have been hit with a knife.
Read the above key points carefully to make a professional barg kebab. Do not forget to make this recipe and share it with us. If you also have any related questions about the Kabab barg recipe, please do not hesitate to ask.