Every nation has its unique and tasty traditional cuisine. Koofteh Tabrizi is also one of the yummiest but, at the same time, difficult food that is mainly seen in Persian cuisine.
The preparation of kofte Tabrizi often takes a lot of time. Because the stuffing is not always the same, and it varies. If you desire to make it exactly like a professional cook, then there is a lot you need to know and a lot to practice.
You will be able to find many Iranian kofta recipes online, and you can practice making this tasty Persian meatball dish and enjoy it with your family members at home.
When you visit the historical city of Tabriz, you will certainly find Iranian kofta in the hospitable homes located there.
Let us read more and know more about this delicious koofteh Tabrizi, which is also known as the Persian meatball.
Koofteh Tabrizi ingredients
The preparation of this mouthwatering dish may not be easy, but it is worth trying and eating.
One of the most significant ingredients in kofte Tabrizi is meat. Its taste should be like a ground lamb meat, and it should be pure red in color.
Other ingredients required for cooking koofteh Tabrizi are stated below such as:
- Cooked and ground peas
- Chives along with savory
- Diced tomatoes
- Chickpea powder
- Raw onion
- Fried onion
- Vegetable oil
- Tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
These are all the ingredients that you require to make koofteh Tabrizi. Now let us know how you can prepare one at home and enjoy having it.
Koofteh Tabrizi recipe
Now that you know the ingredients, it’s time to start preparing the famous koofteh Tabrizi. We hope you will be able to prepare and enjoy treating yourself to this traditional dish that belongs to the beautiful city of Tabriz.
- Add the diced tomatoes along with the oil in the pit and place them on medium heat. Sauté to let the tomatoes release their essence and then add the tomato paste to it.
- Add 4-5 cups of water and let it boil. Fried onions can also be added to the sauce.
- Once you have made the sauce, add salt and pepper to taste. You can add the caraway and saffron now.
- Now it’s time for stuffing.
- The process of stuffing should be a festival of many different textures and flavors. It is optional to add raisins or even dried apricots.
- Now, slowly mix the tomato paste and keep it for five minutes on low heat. Taste to see is it the way you like to have or not.
- Keep in mind that the dried fruits should be soaked for about half an hour before you add them to the mixture.
- Now it is time for the mixture of the koofteh Tabrizi. Take a big container and start kneading the meat until it gets thick.
- Mix the ground rice and the meat, chives, dills, fried onions, and boiled ground egg along with the savory and the chickpea powder.
- Add Saffron, salt, and pepper for taste.
- Form uniform meatballs from the mixture.
- Move all the meatballs to the pot and cook them for 2 hours till they holds their shapes.
You can enjoy your koofteh Tabrizi with your family members. If you feel it was a successful process to prepare this fantastic dish at home, then share the recipe with everyone and let us know how the dish you made was.
A piece of good news for vegetarians and those who do not like meat. You can cook koofteh Tabrizi with vegetables as well.
The process is very similar, and all you need to do is replacing the eggs and meat with chickpea powder, soybeans and Tempe. That’s it, and the entire process should be followed, as stated earlier.
Which method do you think will suit your taste more? You can decorate and top your koofteh Tabrizi with plums, walnuts, or even barberries.
This is not all. Listen for more. Since you are preparing koofteh Tabrizi for the first time at home, it is better to know and follow some tips for making this traditional dish.
Tips for Cooking Kufteh Tabrizi
Some of the tips for cooking of koofteh Tabrizi are stated below such as:
- You should make the split peas half cooked. Not fully cooked nor raw.
- You should remove the extra juice that is obtained from the onions.
- The combination should be kneaded for about 15 minutes. It is considered the essential part of the process of cooking koofteh Tabrizi.
- Make sure that all koofteh Tabrizi meatballs are all in the same size
- Remember to add meatballs to the sauce but make sure the sauce is not boiling.
- Last but not least, cook meatballs in the sauce gradually.
How To Serve?
It is always desired to serve meatballs in a bowl or even a plate that is deeper for the sauce not to drop out.
You can garnish koofteh Tabrizi with anything you like. Chopped pistachio is a good option as toppings. You can either serve koofteh Tabrizi with the sauce or serve the sauce in a different bowl. Enjoy this tasty dish with rice or bread.
Can Koofteh Tabrizi Be Cooked with Chicken Instead of Meat?
Another great choice is to make koofteh Tabrizi with chicken, and there are recipes available for it.
All you need for this recipe is skinless breast fillets, onions, a single egg, four tablespoons of caramelized onion, and tomato paste. You also need salt and pepper to taste.
The rest of the cooking process is similar to the one with meat. You can enjoy eating koofteh Tabrizi with chicken, meat, and vegetables. So if you know how to prepare one type of this dish, the other choices can be made quickly.
Try and prepare the above recipe of koofteh Tabrizi. let us know which one tasted better and you loved the most.