Geymeh Nesar is a traditional and luxurious food of Qazvin. If you were a guest in the city of Qazvin and your host prepared a Gheymeh Nesar for you, be sure that you are an important guest to them. Contrary to its name, this delicious food is not Made with split peas and is a kind of dish mixed with pieces of meat and various kinds of nuts. This is why some people confuse Gheymeh Nesar with Morasa Polo. In addition to being very colorful, glazed, and fragrant, Ghimeh Nisar will take your intelligence away even before taking a bite into your mouth.
see also: How to Cook Chicken Korma
How to Make Ghreymeh Nesar?
- 300 grams minced meat
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups rice
- 4 glasses water
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Cinnamon stick as needed
- 4 green cardamom
- Brewed saffron as needed
- Oil as needed
- Slice pistachios and almonds as needed
- Barberry as needed
- Sliced orange peel as needed
To prepare the Gheymeh Nesar, first, we wash the onion and chop it into small pieces on a cutting board. Fry the onion in oil and allow the onion juice to be slightly strained and light. You should not fry the onion too much.
After the onion is golden, you can add a little turmeric and the meat pieces. Cook the chopped meat well until it turns slightly brown. After the meat changes color, add pepper and cinnamon and stir again.
Saute the tomato paste for a while. This helps the tomato paste lighten the rice’s color better and not have a raw odor. Add the fried paste to the meat ingredients. Stir the ingredients again. Pour some boiling water, saffron, and cardamom on the meat and put the lid on the pan.
At this stage, allow the meat to cook well. You should cook the meat over medium heat until the meat is very soft and the sauce water is completely drawn.
You can add a little salt to the food at the end of cooking. Of course, you have to take the cardamom out of the sauce at the end.
High-quality Iranian rice is the best choice! Be sure to soak the rice for a few hours. Then cook it in boiling water and a little salt; Drain and brew it.
In the meantime, soak the sliced almonds in a water mix and rosewater for 15 minutes. Then remove the excess water and saute the sliced almond and pistachios in a little oil. Washed barberry should also be fried in oil, and finally, add a little sugar.
Note: If you want to decorate Gheymeh Nesar, Roast the slices separately from the barberry.
Sliced orange peels should be boiled beforehand (Drain it several times to remove the bitterness.) Roast the slices a little.
How To Serve Gheymeh Nesar?
Pour the rice into a dish and garnish it with flavored meat, saffron rice, barberry, sliced almonds and pistachios, sliced oranges and enjoy it.
see also: Flavorful rice pilaf recipe
see also: Kabuli Pulao | Afghan National Pilaf
6 Tips to Make Gheymeh Nesar more Delicious
- For this food to fit well, it is better to cook it on low heat for a long time and have enough water.
- If you prepare minced meat for your party and as a house meal, it is better to chop the meat coarser.
- If you use sliced orange peel for decoration, it is better not to consume it too much because it causes bitterness to become bitter and taste bad.
- To soften the sliced almonds, you can soak them in some water or rose water and add them to a little oil. However, do not soak sliced pistachios in water because their green color will be removed.
- In some cooking recipes, the meat mixture is poured over the rice and brewed with it in the stage of brewing rice.
- Add a little rose water to the Gheymeh Nesar at the end of cooking the meat to give your dish a better scent.
Do not forget to make this recipe and share it with us. If you also have any related questions about the Gheymeh Nesar recipe, please do not hesitate to ask.