Kabab Torsh, or the local so-called “Torsh Kebab,” is a type of kabab that originates in the north of Iran. This food is very tasty like other northern dishes. Kabab Torsh is an excellent choice for kebab fans who are tired of the taste of other kebabs and are looking for a bit of variety. The main secret of the kebab’s sour taste is the use of local fragrant vegetables.
More Persian kebab recipes:
- Joojeh kabab Recipe (Persian Saffron Chicken Kebab)
- Kabab Koobideh Recipe; Delicious Persian Beef Kabob
- Chicken Koobideh Kabob Recipe; Make Iranian Chicken Kababs
How to Make Kabab Torsh?
- 600 grams beef order
- 1 cup crushed walnut
- ½ cup pomegranate syrup
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons veg oil
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- Enough salt and black pepper
- Brewed saffron
To prepare the Kabab Torsh, chop the beef into pieces and pour it into a suitable bowl. Then, take the skin of the tomatoes, and after grating, we add it to the bowl containing the meat.
At this stage, grate the onion with garlic and add it to the bowl. Next, crush the walnuts and add them to the bowl. Chop the chowder and add it with pomegranate syrup and a little black pepper to the bowl.
Turn the ingredients upside down so that the meat is thoroughly seasoned. Cover the bowl with cellophane and put it in the refrigerator for 24 hours until the beef is entirely soft and seasoned.
The critical thing about softening and making a restaurant’s Kabab Torsh tastier is to let the meat season with the ingredients for a long time. After 24 hours, remove the bowl from the refrigerator, add a little salt, and mix.
At this stage, light up the charcoal and then start skewering our Kabab Torsh. After skewering, put them on the grill.
This kabab does not need to be blown because blowing causes the kebab to burn and the kernel to remain raw. To cook Torsh Kebab, you should stand patiently and move around to ensure that all sides are equally cooked well.
In between cooking kebabs, if you want, you can skewer a few tomatoes and green peppers and cook them next to the kebabs.
How to Serve Lamb Kebabs in Pomegranate Molasses?
We put the kebabs with the grilled tomatoes and peppers in the desired dish and serve them with rice (some people like to serve their kebabs with bread.) Zeytoon Parvardeh and Persian fresh herbs are the most suitable sides for Kebab Torsh.
Key points for making Tosh Kebab
- Do not beat meat under any circumstances to prepare sour kebab; Because with this method, only the water between the tissues of the meat is removed, and it causes the meat to harden.
- Use medium onions for this dish; Because it has a cohesive and juicy texture, A feature not found in large onions.
- Soy sauce helps soften the texture of the meat, and because of its salty taste, there is no need to add salt.
- Some people use unripe kiwi or raw figs to flavor and soften the meat, in which case you should add it to the meat in the last one to two hours of marinating so that the texture does not disintegrate.
- Instead of using crushed walnuts, you can use ground nuts. It would be best if you also tried not to mix too many ground nuts with the kebab; otherwise, it prevents it from cooking properly and may lead to burning on the kebab.
Do not forget to make this recipe and share it with us. If you also have any related questions about the Kabab Torsh recipe, please do not hesitate to ask.