Sharbat Sekanjebin is a traditional Persian syrup made of vinegar, mint, and honey. But, nowadays, many people use sugar instead of honey to make it chipper. I will teach you the Sekanjebin recipe with sugar and honey in this recipe. This traditional syrup is so nutritious, so I want to mention Sekanjebin’s benefits.
What is Sekanjebin good for?
Sekanjebin, like other foods, has some benefits and detriments. You should avoid overusing it because it is high in sugar and calorie. Also, it can be harmful to people who have ulcers. But, this Persian syrup has many benefits like:
- It is suitable for people who have a stomachache or bloating.
- It can dispose of the excess bile.
- Sekanjebin is the best drink to make your body cool and overcome thirst.
- It can dispose of the body’s extra toxicity through sweat or urine.
- It treats constipation.
There are two Sekajebin recipes, one of them is with honey, and the other is with sugar. The table below is sugar-based Sekanjebin, but after the recipe, you can see the honey-based one.
|Fresh mint||150 grams|
- Pour the water and sugar into a pot. Heat the water till boiling; then, stir sugar to dissolve in the water.
- When the water is boiling, put fresh mint into the pot.
- Let it boil for about 20 minutes but be careful not to burn it; Then, remove fresh mint from the pot.
- Add vinegar step by step and stir well.
- Taste Sekanjebin and if it needs, add more vinegar or more sugar.
- Let it cool, then check its concentration. It should be a little elastic and concentrated.
How to make Sekajebin with honey?
To make honey-based Sekanjebin, use honey instead of sugar. But, you should not boil honey because some scientists have said that it will be toxic if you heat honey. So, boil the water and put fresh mint in the boiling water. After 20 minutes, turn the heat off; remove fresh mint and add honey when the water is warm. When the honey is dissolved, heat the water and add vinegar step by step. Finally, taste it and adjust its taste. Our delicious Sekanebin is ready! Store it at room temperature in a bottle.
How to use Sekanebin?
Here are some uses of Sekanebin in Iran, and you can make it in your house quickly.
Khiar and Sekanjebin drink
This Persian drink recipe is straightforward. Follow these steps:
- Grate cucumber in a cup.
- Add Sekangebin syrup to the cucumber.
- Add water and ice; then stir them well.
- Khiar Sekanjebin is ready! Serve it cold; it is the best choice in the hot summer.
Sekanjebin and lettuce
Sekanjebin syrup is like a sauce in this recipe, and you dip lettuce in it. lettuce with Sekangebin is one of the main food of sizdah bedar, the last day of the Nowruz ceremony
Please let me know how your experience of preparing Sekanjebin at home was. I would love to hear how you use it in other recipes.