Salad Olivieh is one of the most famous dishes in Russia, which is widespread worldwide due to its great taste. This delicious Salad is trendy in Russia, and it is interesting to know they serve this Salad on their new year’s table; also it is called Olivier salad in Russia. The ease of preparation and the ability to use it for parties as finger food is very popular among people, especially Iranians. Stay with Cooking County with the recipe of Persian potato and chicken salad.
If you are a fan of finger foods or attractive appetizers, do not miss these foods:
How to Make Salad Olivieh?
- 400 grams chicken breast
- 300 grams potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 carrots
- 8 medium pickles
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 50 grams scallions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard sauce
- 1 sour lemon
- Salt and black pepper as needed
To prepare Salad Olivieh, first put the chicken with carrots and potatoes in a suitable pot. Add 2 cups of water, then put the pot on medium heat to cook the ingredients.
If we want to cook the peas ourselves, add them to the chicken pot. After the water starts to boil, collect the white foam on the water’s surface with a spoon and throw it away. Because we do not want our Salad Olivieh to have a bad smell of chicken.
Put the eggs separately in a saucepan, pour 2 cups of water, and put on heat until they are fully cooked. While cooking the ingredients, we go to prepare the salad dressing.
To prepare the salad dressing, take lemon juice, strain it and pour it into a suitable bowl. Then add mayonnaise with mustard sauce, some salt, and black pepper and mix.
Once the ingredients are mixed well, cover the bowl with cellophane and place it in the refrigerator to combine the flavors of the ingredients well. After cooking, peel the potatoes and chop them.
We can also mash the potatoes if we want. Then, after cooking, chop the chicken into small pieces and add it to the bowl. Then, chop the carrots into small pieces.
Now, add chopped carrots and peas to the bowl. Then chop the onions and pickles, add to other ingredients and mix until they are mixed well.
Once the salad ingredients are thoroughly mixed, take the sauce out of the fridge and add it to the ingredients in the bowl. Now, mix the ingredients slowly so that all parts of the Salad are dipped in the sauce.
Once the Salad is ready, garnish it with pickles, and carrots; next, put the Salad in the refrigerator until it completely absorbs the sauce.
How to Serve Salad Olivieh?
Once the Salad is ready, Serve it with bread, tomatoes, and pickles and enjoy it.
Salad Olivieh Without Chicken
Chicken gives a great taste to this Salad, but you can substitute hams and sausages instead if you want to remove chicken. Of course, if you are a vegetarian, you can use other vegetables such as mushrooms and bell peppers in your Salad instead of chicken.
Key Points for Making Salad Olivieh
- The amount of lemon juice consumed in the Salad should not be a lot, and it is better to add the lemon juice with salt and black pepper to the sauce first and then pour it into the Salad so that it tastes evenly all over the Salad. But you should not remove this small amount of lemon juice from the Salad because it makes the Salad more delicious and fragrant.
- When you grate the potatoes, add about a glass and a half of chicken broth and leave it in the refrigerator for 8 hours until the potatoes absorb the chicken broth. Chicken broth makes the Salad much tastier and requires less sauce.
- Steam the carrots with some honey and sugar to make them more delicious.
- Fresh and natural lemon juice makes the Salad taste better.
- You can use more olive oil instead of sauce.
- Many people combine the sauce with yogurt and some red sauce, which gives the sauce a more delicious taste.
Do not forget to make this recipe and share it with us. If you also have any related questions about the Salad Olivieh recipe, please do not hesitate to ask.