Chenjeh is one of the original and old Iranian kebabs that used to be traditionally cooked with mutton in the past. Of course, today, this Kebab is also cooked with beef. But if you want your Kebab to be crispy and delicious, use mutton. Also, there are many tasty kebabs recipes like Kebab Koobideh, kabab tabei Kabab Barg, and Joojeh Kebab. With the amount of ingredients in this recipe, you can prepare Chenjeh Kebab for 4 people. Join CookingCounty with the recipe of Chenjeh Kebab.
How to Make Chenjeh?
- 600 grams mutton filet
- 200 grams mutton fat
- 1 lemon
- 2 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yogurt abstract
- Salt and black pepper as needed
Wash the mutton filets well, then chop them into slices (about half of the grilled chicken) and pour them into a suitable bowl. For the Chenjeh Kabab to cook well, make sure that the pieces of meat are the same size.
Add olive oil to the fillets and mix well so that all meat parts are soaked in olive oil. Then we add the yogurt extract, cut the lemon in the middle, and season our meat with lemon and yogurt.
Then add some salt and black pepper to the bowl containing the meat. In the last part of marinating, chop the onions, add them to the bowl and mix the ingredients well by hand.
Now, cover the bowl with cellophane and put it in the refrigerator overnight so that the meat season well. One of the most important reasons to make the Chenjeh delicious is to let the meat season well over a night. So, if you want to make Chenjeh, you should prepare it the night before cooking.
Once the meat is well flavored, take it out of the bowl and skewer it. Now light up the charcoal.
Put the skewers on the brazier and wait for a while, then we flip them over regularly so that the meat is thoroughly cooked. If we have flavored the meat enough, it will be cooked very quickly.
To make our Chenjeh taste more delicious and softer, we can brew some saffron, mix it with butter, and then flavor the KebabKebab in butter sauce.
How to Serve Chenjeh?
Finally, we can skewer and grill tomatoes, then serve our Chenjeh Kabab with rice or bread, tomatoes, vegetables, lemon, and pickles beside.
Key Points for Making More Delicious Chenjeh
- If you want the kebabs to be cooked in less time, place the kebabs in the refrigerator for a longer time to flavor.
- Chenjeh kebab can also be made with beef, but it is better to use fresh mutton as much as possible to prepare a soft and delicious kebab.
- To make the KebabKebab more delicious, you can add some dissolved saffron and your favorite spices and vegetables while preparing the sauce.
- When grilling the meat, you can mix the melted butter and saffron and brush them on both sides of the meat to make it more palatable and delicious.
- Preparing the Chenjeh kabab on charcoal is better than the stove.
- If you want to soak the meat in the sauce for a longer time, you should use chopped onion instead of grating onion.
- Be careful not to overheat the KebabKebab on charcoal because it dries the KebabKebab. As we mentioned before, if the meat has been in the refrigerator for a long time, there is no need to grill it for a long time.
- Make sure to add salt when skewering the Kebabs, not when seasoning them.
- You can use kiwi inside the kebab ingredients to make the Chenjeh softer and crispier.
- If you do not like the smell of meat, you can use more onions in the kebab ingredients.
Do not forget to make this recipe and share it with us. If you also have any related questions about the Chenjeh recipe, please do not hesitate to ask.