Another amazing yet mouthwatering dish made by Afghans is the Borani Kadoo. It is a zucchini that is simmered in a garlic tomato sauce.
It should be mentioned that Borani is nothing but an Afghan / Persian vegetarian dish made with vegetables.
You can try cooking Borani Kadoo with other sauces if you do not desire to cook it with garlic sauce. Zucchini is the translated word for Kadoo, which is a Persian word. You can enjoy eating this fantastic dish at room temperature as an appetizer, or even you can serve it hot as a main dish or side dish. It can be done according to your wish and liking.
In this context, we will learn how to prepare and cook Kadoo Borani or zucchini Borani together with an easy recipe. Just follow the instructions and do as it is stated below.
What Are the Different Types of Borani Kadoo Available?
Well, we have provided you with a single version of Borani Kadoo. You will get great recipes online, where you will learn how to cook different types of it.
It should be added that the Borani Kadoo can taste different based on the different methods and ingredients you use. In some recipes, you can use Kadoo with its skin, or you can even peel it off and cook.
You can add more onion, or instead of onion, add more garlic to your Burani Kadoo dish and enjoy having it. There is no limit to the recipe as it is highly dependent on the choice and preferences of the one who cooks it.
The spices you use in your ingredients can also significantly impact the way it tastes. So let us see the recipe of the traditional Afghan Borani Kadoo and start preparing it together.
Borani Kadu ingredients
To prepare this easy dish, you need the following ingredients to make the process of cooking a success. So make sure to get all the ingredients stated below if you do not have them back at your home.
- Medium zucchini or kadoo
- Vegetable oil
- Yellow onion to be sliced and then fried
- Tomato paste
- Chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boiling water
- Low-fat yogurt
- Sweet pepper to be sliced
- Olive oil
These were the list of ingredients you required for the process.
Now let us go further and see how the recipe will guide you to make Borani Kadoo a success.
The Recipe for Making a Borani Kadoo
- Cut the zucchinis or the kadoo into quarters.
- Add two tbsp. Of vegetable oil and fry the zucchinis in a non-stick frying pan.
- You can cover the pan and keep it on a medium fire.
- Make sure nothing on the sides of the kadoo is brown.
- Remove them from the pan, and in the same pan, add onions and fry them till they get a golden color.
- Add the tomato paste and garlic to onions in the pan. Mix them completely.
- Add boiling water and salt to taste the mixture.
- Now it is time to add the zucchinis as well.
- Take a small bowl and add yogurt in it till your borani kadoo cooks well.
- Drizzle some yogurt on your borani. It tastes heavenly.
- You can remove your borani kadoo after 30 minutes and enjoy eating it either hot or at room temperature.
- You can enjoy your borani kadoo with bread as well.
How was the recipe? We hope it was not complicated and easy enough for you to try this delicious dish at home.
Prepare the Afghan Borani at home. Let us know how was your first experience preparing Kadoo Borani with us.